- We are now living on Cortes Island, BC
- The majority of our sessions are over Zoom, Skype, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, or Telephone
- Individuals living or traveling in the area may book in-person sessions via the online calendar. Please send us a note to say you will be coming in-person.
All new clients must first read the section below called 'prior to your first session'
PLEASE NOTE: Kira will not be accepting new clients until July 2018 or possibly later.
Prior to your first Session Please
- Individual: $115 per 1hr
- Couples: $165 per 1.5hr
- Student/Underemployed: $90 per 1hr
- Disability/Pensioner: $80 per 1hr
all rates include gst
Please read about our rate system
We believe it is important for individuals to fully engage in their therapeutic work and the financial process required to see us.
- If you are negotiating a reduced rate we encourage you to challenge yourself to pay an amount that is not completely comfortable.
- We do not wish to contribute to 'financial karma', which means we prefer not to support you to hold onto old beliefs about yourself and money/lack of abundance, nor do we wish to dishonour the value of our own services and presence.
If you are unable to pay the hourly rate, we occasionally have openings available on a sliding scale.
- Generally our sliding scale for individuals is $80-115 per hour.
- These rates are negotiated on an individual basis according to financial need.
- Note: When the demand for reduced rates is high you can expect a waiting period prior to our scheduling an appointment. If requested we will offer other referral options.
We ask individuals to pay our full rate of $115 per hour, and couples $165 per 1.5 hour (GST incl), if they are:
- Employed full-time (at more than minimum wage jobs)
- Are fully supported by family or friends
- Have third-party coverage.
We ask students to pay our student rate of $90 (GST incl).
We ask individuals on disability or on pensions to pay our rate of $80 (GST incl).
Please feel free to discuss your personal financial needs with us. We will certainly negotiate our rates, when space available, when individuals are truly interested in doing their personal work.
Payment can be made:
- in-person at your appointment by: cash, cheque (note: client is responsible for all NSF fees for dishonoured cheque), or by credit card
- after your appointment by: online bank email money transfer; via PayPal; or by credit card invoice from us.
Cancellations: We request a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellations or appointment time changes.
Late Cancellations: (notice given less than 24 hours before appointment start time) No Shows (no notice given for missing an appointment) Note: While it is our hope that the online calendar will send its 48 hour email notification to you, this does not happen 100% of the time. Please mark your appointment day and time on your personal calendar when booking. We will no longer be responsible for online calendar reminder email technical errors.
Late Cancellation fee: $115, unless there is time to fill the appointment slot, in which case the fee is $60.
No Show fee: $115. Since a 'no show' implies the person is already 15+ minutes late for their scheduled appointment, without any notice given, we will not be able to fill this slot with someone waiting to come in.
The cancellation/no show fees must be paid prior to your next appointment or services may be refused.
Multiple non-notifications ('no shows') may result in termination of services.
Emergency circumstances are understood. Please notify us as soon as possible.
We thank you for understanding.
Extended health plan coverage: Check your extended health benefits plan. You may be able to receive coverage for both our services through our RCC (Registered Clinical Counsellor) or Naturotherapist (Academy of Naturopaths & Naturotherapists of Canada) receipts.